Thursday, July 12, 2007

Weston, CT

You can walk to “town center”
From most anywhere in town
The small lot with only
Six stores-
Well now there are five
The schools sit a short walk from there.
And even if you’re just running into “Peter’s Market”
Make sure you wear shoes
The cashiers go to your high school
The deli-guys are older siblings
Little old ladies
And moms
And friends
And bullies
And gossips
And kids
And lovers
And enemies
And teachers
And your entire family
Will be there to see,
Like they’ve seen all their lives
And all your life
From close range- Weston doesn’t move.
It’s a small town.

1 comment:

Bela said...

Woah...you live in Weston, too??? I thought I was the only one!!! I'm sorry if this is as weird for you as it is for me, but I go to the Middle school...I had no idea there was another Westonian that went to CWP!!!