Thursday, July 19, 2007

Peaches

Peaches
INTRO (GUITAR VAMP IN BACKGROUND):
When I was little I never had time to sit around in my garden to eat peaches. Now that I’m 9 and single, I am free to hang out in the community garden and eat peaches that are too soft, and stare out into the confines of the unused sheds. That’s not to say that I wasn’t thinking about Lowiara the entire time. Well, her real name was Lucy, but I always thought Lowiara sounded better.
It didn’t help at all that Lowiara had married my ex-best friend, a colonel named Sandy, when she found out about his bird food. I had never put her down as a gold-digger neither. Well,

CHORUS:
Lowiara, with her showy tiara
Laughing at the world,
And laughing at me.
Lowiara, with your glowy tiara
Don’t you ever stop to think
You’re hurting me
And my peaches are starting to shrink.

VERSE 1:
When good old Sanders took you
It hurt me in my gut
How was I supposed to know
That you were such a nut?

CHORUS.

VERSE 2:
When I crashed your wedding,
I thought that you’d bear in mind
The present that I brought you,
The peach Venetian blind.

CHORUS.

CODA/SURPRISE ENDING:
Well I guess it doesn’t really matter now
I guess I’ll always be a harebrained cow
We were always different,
And yet always together
I guess that’s why ol’ Sandy
Done took you by the feather
Now you’re slowly dying
And there’s nothing I can do
It’s just as well you’re frying
To become chicken stew.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I love the surprise ending! *sings* Lowiara with her showy tiara...

Mackenzie said...

Lol, so funny. I don't know how you come up with this stuff. I like the surprise ending and the chorus.

Mackenzie said...

lol k thxs for the advice

Maria said...

BTW good edits.