Friday, July 13, 2007

I Can't

I can’t walk. Which means I can’t walk up to a girl. Which means I can’t ask that girl to the drive-in. which means I can’t get a kiss before I get out of high school, into the real world where people don’t hate as hard. And if I can’t get a kiss by the time I leave high school, this dreaded prison with loathing imprinted in the walls, I will not only be the guy stuck in a wheelchair. I will be the loser, lip-virgin stuck in a wheelchair. Oh well, I wouldn’t have been able to drive her there anyway.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

omg so sad. is this true?

Maria said...

I know, that's really sad. (But I'm assuming since your name is Emily D. that this is non-autobiographical.) That last line, "Oh well, I wouldn’t have been able to drive her there anyway." is kind of funny in a sad sort of way.