Thursday, July 19, 2007

Born to Die

You don’t understand
You won’t ever understand
With suicide in the back of my mind

I would never hurt myself
Not for you at least
I’m just a child, you must know
With suicide in the back of my mind

How awful you must’ve felt
But when I asked you didn’t care
Taking something from the young
That was never really there

Someone like me needs someone like you
You make me feel worse
And that’s all I deserve
I was born dead
There’s nothing I could do
With suicide in the back of my mind

I dread the day when it comes
When suicide overwhelms
I dread the day when it moves
With suicide in the front of my mind

2 comments:

Kell said...

Good discription. But when I heard the title I expected a different topic because aren't we all born to die? I mean we all will eventually. Do you get what I mean?

Maria said...

Yeah, I know what you mean... we are all "born to die."

One clarification:
"I was born dead
There’s nothing I could do
With suicide in the back of my mind"
This part almost sounds like you are describing a stillborn baby. Was that your intention?