Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Spring Returns

Spring Returns

Music fills the house
It mingles with sunshine
Open doors catch wind
Summer is welcome here.

Love soon enters and
Blossoms as clouds do
Bits blown together
To form a heaven.

Love flees as leaves
Fall into the wind
They crumble under feet
That stomped on love.

Screams tear the music
Slammed doors echo thunder
Clouds mangle the sky
Tears soak the air.

The cold does come
Hearts freeze, become stones
Sink into clinging mud
Hide from painful reality.

Birds’ song beckons lovers
To tentatively be reborn
New birds risking flight
Summer is welcome here.

4 comments:

Jon said...

I like how it circles back to the beginning, like a metaphor for love or seasons. Like 'Seasons of Love' from Rent. I think that you should transition more between the second and third paragraph, because it seems a little abrupt. But I still love it.

Rachel I said...

just about the title - wouldn't it make more sense as Summer Returns, because you start and end with summer? Just an idea

Gina said...

I agree with Jon- I love when writers bring stuff around full circle. I don't know why, it just feels right. :D

Maria said...

Somehow creepy, but very interesting. I was kind of "What the heck?!" at the 3rd stanza- I would have to agree with Jon on the transition work there.

I don't understand the whole thing, but it's beautiful.