Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Chapter 3 – Authority

She walked down the porch.
Then Mother ran out.

“Anastasia!
How dare you yell at me like that?”

She turned and looked at Mother,
Pausing.
“Listen here you,
I’m in control.
You listen to me!
I’m not taking any crap from you!
Not anymore.
So next time I say shut up!
You listen to me!
You old hag!”

Then Mother scoffed,
Leaned over, and slapped her.
I felt the pain
From Mother’s wedding ring.
It stung across my face.

Alice didn’t feel any pain.
It’s like,
She couldn’t.
I only felt the pain.
Was it because this is
My body?
Why doesn’t She feel anything?…

Unsurprisingly,
Alice slapped mother right back.
Then she walked away,
Leaving Mother’s sight completely.

~*~

Alice walked down the road,
For quite some time,
Passing many places.

Suddenly a boy appeared.

“Anoka?”
It was Charlie, my best friend.
She looked over at him and nodded.
“Why didn’t you call me?”
“I was busy,
My mum’s being stupid again.”
“What happened?”
“She slapped me…
I slapped her back”
She smirked.
“WHAT!? YOU HIT YOUR MOM?”
“Yeah?... So?
Shut up and don’t worry about it.”
Charlie seemed disturbed.

“Got a smoke?”
Alice was REALLY trying to ruin me.
“You don’t smoke…”
“Now I do,
Hand one over.”

He handed her a cigarette.
She put it in her mouth,
Lit it, and then dragged it.
Finally she exhaled.

“Someone’s finally
Acting bad.”
“I was born bad.”
She blew the smoke into his face,
Flicked the cigarette at him,
Then walked away.

I finally spoke out.

“Alice where are you going?”
“Anoka?....What?
Why are you talking?”
“Just answer you body-stealer.
Where are you taking us?
Wait... Where are you taking me!?
“Shut up…”
“NO! ANSWER ME”
“You’re talking back. Naughty,
Naughty.
“Alice bring me home…”
“Fine… I’m bored anyways”

Charlie was following behind.
I didn’t even see him.

“Who are you talking to?”
“Myself, got a problem?”
“You’re acting differently Anoka.
What’s your prob?

She whispered.
“Hey Anoka guess what?”
“What!?”
Alice turned to Charlie,
Smirking.
She pulled his arm,
Bringing him closer,
Then she kissed him.
Finally, she punched him in the stomach.

He lunged forward
And dropped to his knees.
His eyes began to fill in tears.

Oh no!…Charlie!

She dropped to her knees too.

Anoka! You can’t come out!
Watch me.

She punched herself in the stomach.
Fell over, laying on her back.

“Anoka?... W…W-Why’d you….?
Charlie was stuttering.

I sat up and held my head.
“Charlie?”
I started crying.
“I’m so sorry!”
I hugged him.
“Don’t touch me.”
I gasped.
He hates me now…

I got up and ran all the way home,
Slammed the door as I got inside the house,
Then ran up to my room and locked the door.

“Alice… You’re so horrid.
I hate you!”

I hopped on my bed and lay down.
Stupid Alice….
Stupid Mother…..
Stupid Charlie….
Stupid Me…
Maybe I don’t hate Alice…
Maybe I just hate myself….
Maybe she’s just an excuse….
An excuse to be mean?
Never…
She’s R-E-A-L….
But why?....
Why was she created?....
Am I crazy?...

So many thoughts ran through my head.
I eventually just drifted off…
Into my thoughts… Then away…Into dreamland….

3 comments:

Gemma said...

Dude what up wit dat yo? by ashley
Psh yeah DUDE!!!

Gina said...

Poor Charlie!!! WAAAAAHHHH!!!!
:..(

*Monet* said...

OMG, this story rules. The suspense is killing me. Plz write more....