Thursday, July 10, 2008

Untitled

Rushing into a room
Full of strangers that
Can take care of you.

Your Family is told to
Stay outside, all they
Do is wonder if you’re
Going to be all right.

As you lay in the bed
all you hear is the wheels from the stretchers
going across the hall, the
heart machine beeping,
the doctors talking to the nurses.

All I can do is just
Sit and wait, wait for
My bones to heal, it’ll
Be fine in four months, but four months
Of the summer that I’ll
Never get back.

Being in a Swimming Pool,
Going to Water Parks,
Spending the night at a friend’s house,
Moments that I’ll never get back
From that summer,
A waste of a summer.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I like how at the beginning it's kind of a guessing game to figure out where you are until the word hospital is mentioned. That whole situation must be aggravating to the extreme.