Thursday, July 10, 2008

Here We Go

They Jump on me,
They ride on me, who
Do they think they are? Only
If they would treat me nicely
And not trash me.
I am not some kind of toy that you can be all over,
I was made to walk on, not
So these teenage kids can jump on me
With their skateboards and bicycles.
They ruin the texture of my stone and my metal railings.
At times I trick them,
So they don’t come around thinking they can
Stomp on me,
And I make sure they never want to come back.
On the other hand you have the kids that
Think they are
Innocent, but they write all over
My stones, I wonder if they know
How I feel when they write on me. It’s
Like looking at their bodies getting tattooed with
Wording they don’t want on them.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I've never read a pome from the point of view of a reluctantly graffittied wall before... cool.