Thursday, July 10, 2008

bathroom

Hushed voices by my sinks, it’s a private conversation I know. The one about the inter office romance with new developments every week. And like clockwork once a month the same girl comes in, goes to the last stall, takes out her phone, dials her best friend and cries, cries about her parents and her problems. And then of course there’s everyone else who comes and goes on a regular basis never caring about me. Sure wash your hands, and forget to turn the water off until you go get the paper towel then throw that same paper towel and miss the waste basket never bothering to pick it up and thrown it out right. But, what do you care it’s no t you who’s getting dirty. Or you can use me as your bulletin board. That’s fine everyone has to come in here at one point or another.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I take it that everyone was writing from the point of view of a stationary object or thing? This is amusing- I like the part about using the bathroom as a bulliten board, because it's true.