Monday, July 13, 2009

If my life were a sport...

If my life were a game
It would be the game of tennis
Each game a challenge
A win a small victory
A loss something you learn from
I either try to improve
Or am satisfied with my game
Sometimes I'll get what I want
A clean, powerful, winning shot
Or I will miss my mark and the ball will go flying
Some people say that tennis is a "love" game
Well every day
I am surrounded by people that love and care about me
As you go through life
You can try to solve your problems
That your opponent is constantly hitting at you
Alone
Like a singles match
Or
You can open your arms
And accept the help of others
Like a doubles match
You either play by the rules
Or choose to cheat
If my life were a game
It would be the game of tennis
Sometimes you win
Sometimes you lose
But thats just the way life is

10 comments:

Ms Wins said...

Hi Noodle! I really like your "If my life were..." poem. I think you might consider some punctuation, however, just to clarify some of your thoughts. Nice job, thoug! Lynn

Gina said...

HAH! I just KNEW this was your poem! Hope you're having fun without us. And HI MRS. WINSLOW!!!

Mackenzie said...

Ok i will take the punctuation into consideration. Haha nice gina...yeah i'm having fun but i still wish you and maria were here its not the same without you. :)

Bela said...

HI MS. WINSLOW!!!! Remember me? Teehee...

Aw, but punctuation is what makes the poems so great! The reader can read it any way that they think it should go, which in turn helps them relate the words they read back to themselves :)

STICK IT TO DA MAN, NOODLE!

Mackenzie said...

hahha ooo bela i will stick it to the man. haha omg thats from one of my fav movies school of rock!

Maddie said...

Hey Noodle! okay, so i really like how you related this poem to life. i also agree with bela that it is sometimes better to leave the spacing just to be interpreted however it seems right.

Gina said...

The problem with leaving too much to interpretation is that the reader can interpret something in many different ways and become confused. You must steer the boat, but leave something to the current.

Mackenzie said...

ahhh im confused so wat should i do!

Maddie said...

follow what gina is sayingg

Mani said...

I just dropped by and found so many interesting poems!! you ppl are really having great time! Keep it up!!