Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Memories

Why did you have to walk into my life
That eventful summer day
You with your perfect smile
That twinkle in your eyes
Why did you have to tease me
In that annoying but lovely way
Your perfect laugh would hang in the air
Or was it just my imagination
Everyone seemed to notice
That something was up between us
Something like true love
Or at least I wanted to believe
If you never walked into my life
Iwouldn't have fallen madly in love
And maybe today I wouldn't still be in love with a guy
With a perfect laugh
Twinkling eyes
And a smile that would send shivers down my spine
Whenever I laid eyes on it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. Whether or not you were writing from experience, I can relate.

Maddie said...

awwwwwww i love this, i commented my actual more detailed opinions on your blog tho <3

Mackenzie said...

yes i was. it's about this guy from italy that i play tennis w/ every summer <333