Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shadows

Sixteen...
A piece fell into our wagon
I didn't move
Not strong enough
Many violent men
An old man
Hand held to his heart
A blow to his chest?
No
A hidden piece of bread
With lightning speed
He brings it to his mouth
Eyes light up
A smile illuminates the ashen face
But only for a moment
A shadow is throw over him
He cries out, stunned
"Don't you recognize me?
Your killing your father"
Only sixteen...
He collapsed
A small piece of crust
Clutched in his fist
He tries to raise it to his mouth
But the shadow is once again thrown over him
Death
Searched by his son
The crust is taken
The son startes to devour it
Shadows are thrown over him
Two bodies now
Lying dead upon the floor
Only sixteen...

6 comments:

Gina said...

Whoa, freaky imagery! You did a great job of making me feel totally creeped out. That's repulsive :( Was this a scene from Night? I've meant to read it for a while now, but I just haven't.

Mackenzie said...

haha thnx Gina. yeah it's from Night. omg the whole book is like this. i got totally depressed when i read it. but its actually really good.

Bela said...

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I JUST KNEW IT!

Haha, we just finished that unit...that quote, Meir is the boy, right? The one that is killing his father in the fight over bread, with the spectators "giving to charity"?

I cried so hard when we read that, everyone stared at me :)

Mackenzie said...

Haha,Yup thats the quote haha what a quinkydink. haha yeah only you would cry bels. thats why i luv ya!

Bela said...

Aw, shucks! You know me too well...

Haha, so guess what...

Mackenzie said...

haha wat?